Founded in 1979, Cameo began as The Players’ Orchestra; a theatre orchestra providing musical accompaniment for a diverse range of stage productions. It has since grown substantially, becoming a full-sized concert orchestra, but still true to its musical theatre roots.
We are now a relaxed, friendly orchestra with 35 adult members, playing a mixed repertoire of popular classical, film and stage music. Concert commitments don’t follow a set pattern, but generally average at least four per year within a 25 mile radius of Bristol. Cameo is a member of Making Music and the appointment will be based on the standard Making Music terms.
The playing standard is generally Grade 6 or above, and the membership includes some instrumental teachers
Based at St Barnabas Church Warmley, the orchestra rehearses weekly on Tuesday evenings during term time.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and lively individual with a sound musical knowledge, and a good sense of humour who will
- conduct, rehearse, and continually strive to get the best out of the orchestra
- make rehearsals fun and enjoyable.
- select and plan concert programmes in consultation with the committee
- coach, motivate and inspire
- help grow the orchestra
- arrange music as required
- attend committee meetings and play an active part in social events
- An honorarium is payable, the amount is subject to negotiation based on experience.
- This is an annual appointment, subject to renewal at the orchestra’s AGM each year.
The closing date for applications is 5.00 pm 13th June 2017
Auditions for shortlisted candidates will take place on 20th and 27th June
It is hoped that the successful applicant will be able to take up the position at the beginning of September
Please send expressions of interest, with a brief summary of relevant experience, a few words about yourself and why you are interested in applying to
1 Stoneleigh Road